01 09 10

Sunday 5 January 2014

Loosening My Wrists (Getting Painting Again)

Hey guys, I am so happy today! I finally made it to my studio (a room in my Uncles house-haha!) and did a quick painting. I even recorded it. It isn't my best work, but it surely did break me back into painting after a month and I actually really like it. I am happy to finally show you guys some of my work. Give me your honest opinions!




Its based on my brother. I say 'based' because it looks nothing like him. I did it in under an hour and its very messy but I like that look sometimes, its more fun and erratic. It is stress releasing, sometimes painting can be more stressful than enjoyable. I wasn't planning on anything specific to paint this style and colour palette just sort of happened.



7 comments:

  1. Nice pic! Love this style! looks genius!
    Thanks for your sharing and posting!
    Have a nice day!


    http://www.aekk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented! Keep up the good work and don't lose sight of your dream. Thank you for the comment on my blog. :) You should add a follow button on your blog so I can follow you. :) Maybe you can follow me?

    http://savvystyle97.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Good Meg!!! The Painting really captures a feeling. Glad you got back at it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. What you said about painting being stressful is true, but being able to let go like this is probably one of my favorite feelings. It looks amazing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting - they make my day :)